Sunday, August 15, 2010

 

So, today it was boiling outside so my husband and I decided to go to the beach in Peel, it was gorgeous we had ice cream and walked on the sand (which I haven't done in about 5 years). There were so many people at the beach it was crazy, but nice to see people so happy and building sandcastles and running into the beautiful blue sea. 
It made me think back to the 1950's and a video that is shown in the Manx Museum that my friend Jade showed me last week, it showed how many tourists we used to have over here and how jam packed the beaches were constantly, it also showed all the old tea dances they used to have and how gorgeous everything was way back when.

After we got back home from the beach and buying enough food from Shoprite as we could fit in our trolley and spending £90 on it all, we had a noodle salad for our lunch and i made a pineapple cheesecake (I have never in my life made cheesecake before and it was yummy!) we then sat outside on our front garden in the sun and I read the first 4 chapters of Dead Until Dark my first True Blood book, I know I'm jumping on the bandwagon of reading the books late but I've been reading 10 other books before this so it took me a while. 
Anyway, I spent about half an hour laid in the sun reading my book and drinking St Heliers Blueberry Cider (try it if you haven't already its gorgeous) then it got way too hot so we came inside and for some reason I had a nap for a few hours, I was exhausted with everything we have done today.

I'm now spending some time talking to my best friend Emma on Skype as we dont get to talk much anymore whilst I wait for the next True Blood episode to be aired online streaming from America.

Au Revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment